Monday, May 21, 2007

A good weekend


The guys(&little guys) waiting on their next ride
The kids doing what they love best


Well I am back. Everyone is feeling good. We had a really good time in Gatlinburg. We only went part of the way on Thursday night and stayed in KY. The girls got to go swimming at the motel which pleased them greatly. I thought Konnor would love the pool too, because last year he would jump right in if you weren't careful, but he parked his bottom on the lounge chair and wouldn't get off. Eventually he did venture over to the hot tub and stood on the top step of that. Friday morning we got up early and had breakfast then we were off for the lats three hours of the trip. We kinda just hung out with my sister and brother in law and their friends till noon when we could check into our motel room. We then walked to No way Jose's( a Mexican restaurant) for lunch. Then our wonderful husbands took the kids back to the motel for a nap and we girls went to the outlet malls to shop. Let me mention that shopping without kids is so nice. When you are used to going with three kids going by yourself is wonderful!!!! I did find a few bargains. To me a bargain is something under 5 bucks. I got the new baby some things at Baby Gap and I got Konnor and the baby matching Easter outfits for next year at the Children's Place for 3 bucks each. Is that a bargain or what? I did buy a Baby/diaper bag at Tommy Hilfiger for a good price but I loved it and couldn't pass it up.The guys came to pick us up and we headed to a bluegrass festival with my parents to walk around and check out the sights. The kids had fun on the big blow up slide and jumpy things( I am not sure what they are called). So after that we went to the motel and the guys played a game and we gals just chatted before we were all so tired we couldn't think straight. Saturday morning everyone( all 18 of us ) went to IHOP for a yummy breakfast. Have I ever mentioned that IHOP is my favorite breakfast place? I could eat there all of the time.We then headed to the Nascar go cart track where the guys were gonna spend the day. They all bought wristbands and headed to the tracks.We let the kids ride a few rides and watched the men act like boys.( at least they were having fun) After a while we headed back to motel to let the kids swim. Seven hours later the men decided it was time to leave. Yes, they were there alllllllllll day. They definitely got their moneys worth. So Saturday night we walked the strip in downtown and ate dinner at Texas Roadhouse. We did have a lot of fun packed into two days and it was so nice to see Bek and Chad and Chase again. We hadn't seen them since January. I am so glad they made the long trip up from FL to see all of us. I hope this post has not been boring but I figured I would give you a brief update on our weekend. I hope all of your was as good as ours.

2 comments:

sankey family said...

Not at all boring! I loved reading every word. So glad you had fun and got to be with all your family. We're looking forward to spending a day or so in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge this summer - the kids (and adults) can't wait!
Love and miss you,
Melodie

Angie said...

It sounds like ya'll had a wonderful time!! Boy did you find bargins, I wouldn't have passed them up either!