Friday, November 21, 2008

Pumpkin Roll


I got to thinking.... I think I will start blogging some of my favorite recipes. I love to cook and I have found a few recipes that I use all of the time. So maybe once or twice a week I will post them for you all to try. By the way,I am in to easy stuff so you need not worry about anything to hard. Everyone who tries my pumpkin roll loves it and it is so easy. It is great this time of the year. Enjoy!!!




Pumpkin Roll




3 eggs


1 tsp. baking soda


2/3 cp. solid pack pumpkin( not pumpkin pie mix)


1 tsp. cinnamon


1 cp. sugar


3/4 cp. flour




Frosting:


2TBS. butter(softened)


1 8oz. cream cheese(softened)


1cp. powder sugar




Preheat oven to 375. Mix all ingredients in one bowl and mix with a mixer. Spray a large cookie sheet (preferably a jelly roll pan) with cooking spray and line with wax paper. Spray wax paper with cooking spray. Dump batter onto pan and spread out evenly.It will be thin. Bake for approx. 10 minutes or till top is not sticky. lay out a clean dish towel and sprinkle with powder sugar. Pull out cake and immediately flip onto towel. Roll up starting with the short end and refrigerate for 1 hour. Take out and unroll,fill with frosting. roll back up and wrap with cling wrap and then with foil. You can freeze for up to 3 months.




This is alot easier than it sounds. Just make sure your pan is big enough. I have never had one break or tear. One 29oz. can of solid pack pumpkin will make 4 rolls. I usually do an assembly line with 4 bowls and mix one while one is in the oven. If you try it let me know how it turns out.




2 comments:

Tamra said...

I love those pumpking rolls, but haven't made one in a looong time. Now you made me hungry for one. :)

Jenny said...

LOL, that is one of my specialties too Heather! my recipe is a bit different but I do the assembly line as well. Usually making 3-4 at a time. However, i have made up to 10 in one day. (I sold them). Yummy!!