Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Last night Randy and I went with 5 other couple from our church to the Community Pregnancy Center's annual fundraising dinner. It was at a local golf club's clubhouse. I am not a fancy person so I felt a little out of my league. Randy was confused as to what fork to use and when and I was worried that the very crisp broccoli I was trying to cut was going to fly off of my plate and hit the floor. We had a great time and our eyes were opened to what is going on in the pro-life movement. David Mahan was the guest speaker and he is president of Frontline Ministries. He goes into schools and Detention centers speaking to kids( and knuckle heads as he called them) about abstinence and finding out who we really are. The person God made us to be. He was an awesome speaker!
The point that that I came home with is this. Pro-life is not Republican or Democratic. We can't even call it an issue. It is a war the Devil is waging against pro-life and we as conservatives must be UNITED to fight against him.
It is a great cause that I will be volunteering in and I urge you to see if there is a crisis pregnancy center in your town you could help out.
I didn't take any pictures. I didn't want to appear to redneckish you know.LOL Have a good day!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

My sisters went to an event like that and they were nervous b/c if was all so fancy. Julia tried to stab a grape with her fork and it flew off into the air and on to the plate of the lady she was sitting next to. The lady didn't see it so the whole rest of the dinner Julia kept looking at her grape and trying not to laugh hysterically!

Michele said...

You missed wonderful chili cheese dogs, chips and cookies served in the freezing cold on top of sheets of plywood for a country club? ;o)