Thursday, April 26, 2007

A Long Day


Kaitlyn standing in the Senate Chamber

The whole group of 4th graders from Monroe Elementary

An outside view of the Governor's mansion

Wow what a day! Yesterday was Kaitlyn's field trip to Columbus. We had to be at school at 6:45 to board the buses( Large coach buses) It was pouring down rain and the buses decided to be late so we stood out in the rain with all of the kids till after 7:30 when the buses finally showed up. The day consisted of a tour of the Supreme Court building, a tour of the the State House( capital building), lunch in the Vern Riffe building, ice cream social in Jefferies Park, And a tour of the Governor's Mansion. We also got to sit in the balcony and watch the State Representatives work and was recognised by Representative Coley during that time. I don't think I have ever walked up and down so many steps in my life. Representative Coley's wife planned most of our day and hosted many of the activities we attended.We got back to the school around 7:00last night. Overall it was a fun day.( long for a pregnant person like me but fun) I sure did sleep good last night!!


Now I get to do laundry and I have to work tonight( oh joy) so I had better get busy.

3 comments:

Tamra said...

Wow! If you keep that up, you won't be gaining much pregnancy weight. Glad you had a fun day.

Rebekah said...

I enjoyed the pictures and reading about your day!! Talk to you soon.

Aimee said...

What a cool field trip! I went on a field trip today to the Special Olympics....whew. That was interesting, lemme tell ya. =)