Friday, August 17, 2007

Our art project
A new picture of Kade

I just thought I would post a new picture of Kade and one of the project we worked on yesterday.I found this project at Michael's Craft store where you can make a stone casting of your baby's hand and foot. Well since I have been a little depressed about him growing up so fast I figured it would be great way to remember how little his hands and feet were. It was actually pretty easy and the result was amazing. You cant really see in the picture but it shows every wrinkle and even his fingernails. The foot didn't turn out like I wanted so I think I will do it again But I still wanted to show you what it looked like. Now i just have to paint them with a glossy finish and put them on a base. Cool huh. I have so many good friends and family members I have not had to cook all week and it has been soooo nice. Thanks you all so much!!! Tonight we have home builders at our friends the Miller's house. We have not had home builders all summer so it will be nice to get together with our friends again. I hope everyone else has a good weekend!!

12 comments:

sankey family said...

I LOVE the hand and foot molds - how precious! Kade is just adorable.
Have fun at HomeBuilders...

Love,
Melodie

Tamra said...

I love the impressions of his hand and foot. Kade is gorgeous. I love his hair color.

Unknown said...

That was a good idea! It will be so neat to look at those when he's older. He is such a cutie.

Anonymous said...

He is so cute. I love your blogs. A. Becky

Rebekah said...

The molds are cool! We have been really bad with that sort of thing!! Talk to you soon!

Sarah Cook said...

Congrats on your beautiful new addition! Love the hand/foot crafts!

Tim and Kristina said...

Very cute picture of Kade!! Hope everything is going ok. Let me know if you need anything.

Kris

Paul and Candy said...

Heather,
Kade is soo adorable. You are right, they grow way to fast. Enjoy him while you can. Everything else will wait on you, but Kade will not. He will just keep on growing. Congratulations.

Candy Lavy

Marty said...

I love that you stopped by my blog!! Yes, my yard sale went very well...alot of junk gone!!! Kade Matthew is such a beautiful name. And yes, I remember discussing names on your cabin porch! I'm glad he has made his arrival! Thanks for leading me to your post!

Marty

Angie said...

Heather, that is such a good idea! Now you'll have those tiny hands and feet to treasure for ever. Kade is soooo cute!

Lavy Country said...

Kade is very cute. I have seen those molds and they are very neat. You will love looking at them and remembering these wonderful baby days.

Stephanie said...

That's so COOL! I was just thinking about that the other day -what a coincidence! You will have to tell me more about it. I want to try it.

Love the picture of Kade - He looks so wide awake!