Monday, August 27, 2007

A long week

Kaitlyn and Megan's first day of school

I am so glad that it is a new week!! I hope this one is better than the last one. Let me make a long story short okay. Since I have been home from the hospital(2 weeks now) Kaitlyn, Megan, and Konnor have all had the hand, foot and mouth virus. Konnor has had a flu virus that made him have stomach pains and diarrhea for 3 days. He was up all night with that the same night I had a migraine( or spinal) headache. So I had to miss the famous rolling picnic at church along with my very sad children. I also had to miss church too. Monday and Tuesday I had to go to orientations at school.( don't ask me why they cant put them all on the same night)I didn't know weather to be happy for the first day of school or not. The girls were so ready but I was kinda scared because that meant my help around the house was leaving. It turned out better than I thought. Everything has gone pretty smoothly.Right after the girls got on the bus I had to take Kade to his 2 week checkup. He now weighs 8lbs and 5oz. Thursday we went calling at church to remind the outreach kids about VBS. Well that night I came down with the same virus that Konnor had. I don't think I have been so sick in my life. So Friday I moved from the recliner to the bed to the bathroom( not necessarily in that order) all day. Crying in pain half of the day. It was horrible!!!! Konnor was so good and took care of himself for the most part all day. I was so proud of him. He even took a 4 hour nap that day. So I had to miss VBS too. By Saturday night i was feeling a little better.( thanks to kaopectate and Motrin ) I actually made it to church yesterday. Today Kade had a doctor appointment to recheck his heart murmur that the doctor can still hear. I guess that most babies have them when they are born but they close up with in 48 hours. The doctor has decided to send him to Children's hospital to see a cardiologist. They with do an echocardiogram and an ultrasound of his heart to make sure everything is ok. So please pray for him that everything will be ok. I am not sure when it will be yet, So I am kinda tired tonight and I am thinking about going to bed early. I doubt if it will happen but it is a nice thought.TTFN

2 comments:

Diana said...

Those are two special girls...I love them!

Sarah Cook said...

They are such beautiful gals! What grades are they in now? I hope their school has good AC since it has been so horribly hot these days! Some schools have done alot of cancelling! It was really nice to see your comment on my blog! Keep in touch. Saw your post about your little one... I will pray for him (and you... I am sure it makes you nervous). Tell Conner HI, and he can't get kisses from Faithy (unless he wants to get sick, poor little Faith)... I still love that baby picture of them!