Monday, October 13, 2008

My weekend and Monday

Just thinking
How was your weekend? My sister in law Suzanne and I went went garage sale shopping and goodwill hopping. I am so excited. I think I have both of my boys outfitted for the winter. Other than a few pairs of church pants that I am still in the market for they are set. I had saved up around 40.oo and I came home with 3 huge shopping bags full of stuff. I also got Randy 2 shirts from the Salvation Army. Both are very nice casual shirts made by Abrcrombie and Fitch and Nautica. The only thing I got for myself was a brand new picture frame that I had been looking at new and never wanted to take the money for. It has openings for 3 5x7's and I only had to pay 1.00 for it. woo hoo. After we did all that(with 5 kids to boot) I headed off to find Randy at the church. He was there working on the building project. Needless to say I ended up staying and spreading straw on all of the newly planted grass seed. The only thing I didn't know is that I am allergic to straw and that night my eyes started acting all weird and Sunday morning I had a horrible sinus headache and I had to unglue my eyes when I got out bed to get ready for church. Ahhhhh I don't think I will doing that again.

Today I have been busy. The first thing I did was get started on my laundry. I really don't know why we dirty more clothes on the weekend than on any other day of the week but you couldn't even walk through my laundry room this morning. Plus I had all of the clothes that I had purchased on Saturday to wash. I am so proud of myself though. I have almost got it all licked. I even have it all folded and put away.( That is one of my things I have trouble doing I can do all of my laundry but it will sit in the baskets and not get put away. I have been trying harder to not do that.) I also baked 2 loaves of Amish friendship bread and 2 loaves of sourdough bread.

Kade didn't get into too much today. I only found him in the middle of the table 2 or 3 times. Once though he was getting ready to dump over the tea jug that was half full. eeeeach. I guess he was thirsty.

Why wont kids play with any of the toys you buy them? My kids have tons of toys and they wont play with any of them. Kade would rather trash my kitchen and hang on my legs. 8o) Don't cha just love them? Oh well I am so ready for bed. Tootles...

5 comments:

Michele said...

I love the picture of Konnor! I'll have to get a photography lesson from you.

Constance said...

You got some great deals. And what a busy weekend. Your doing better than me on the laundry part.

The Going Blog said...

I'm impressed and happy for you. You have been one busy girl.

Danny,Liz,Becca,Ben, Abby and Caleb said...

Good for you on finding all the garage sale bargains! I LOVE when that happens! And I totally understand about the laundry! I do the same thing! There are 2 basketfuls waiting to be folded as I type! Oh well! It will be there later unless the invisible maid takes care of it! LOL!! Sounds like you are having a very productive day! I love to bake but it seems that I just don't have much time to do it! Amish Friendship Bread is delish! Enjoy!

~Regina~ said...

Wow! What a busy day. I hope mine can be just as productive. Sounds like you got some good deals on clothes for the kiddos. I love a good bargain! Have you checked to see if you have a Freecycle on the internet in your area? It's a Yahoo group where people post things to give away and things that they want. Yesterday I got a pink princess toddler bed for Callie absolutely free on our local Freecycle! Yeah! I'm with you on the toys thing. My kids have bunches that they never play with but just can't get rid of. I have been slowly weeding them out while they are at school and donating them. They haven't missed a thing. :-)