Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I got to see Joe the Plumber

They finally arrive
Joe the Plumber Our Congressman Rob Poortman

KonnorThis old guy is a WWII vet who took a liking to Kade. Kade wouldn't let the man hold him so he just held his hand. A really nice man. My mom is with them.
Yesterday I got an email saying that Joe the plumber was going to be going to several small businesses in the state of Ohio campaigning for John McCain. One of the places was a pool store only 5 minutes from my house. It wasn't during nap time so I called my mom and we decided to go. It was a small thing, probably less than 100 people( including all of the reporters and journalist) They pulled the big victory bus right up in the parking lot and set up a podium. I stood only about 6-7 feet away from the podium. It was so cool. There was about 5 small business owners on the bus and they just talked about Obama's tax hike on small business owners and how that would affect them. Their main point was" Get out and vote and vote for McCain!!!" It was a fun experience and I am glad I went.










5 comments:

~Regina~ said...

Sounds like fun! I'm glad you had the opportunity to go. The last time I was at anything political was probably back in college! I do go out and vote faithfully EVERY single time the polls are open. That can be an adventure especially with all four kids along!

Michele said...

Wish we could have gone! Looks like fun. Go McCain/Palin!

Tamra said...

I totally forgot to tell you on the phone today that I saw a photo of Konnor and his sign on MiddletownJournal.com He's famous!!

Constance said...

That sounds like it was fun. We went to see Sarah Palin today. There are pictures on my blog.

Michele said...

Can I get Konnor's autograph?

http://www.middletownjournal.com/p/content/gen/sharedoh/photos_galleries/news/local/102908joetheplumber.html