Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Yes I am still alive

I think I am becoming a once a week poster and I dont like it. I am going to try to do better. I am not promising though. There has been so much going on in this house I dont know where to start. My week didnt start off to good. All of you who go to church with me. How did you like our grand exit from church? ( sorry Michele for the mess) Just let me say when your 3 year old says his "tumick" hurts, take his seriously. Yep you guessed it he threw up. At least he made it to the door going to the hall way. From there all of the way to the bathroom wsnt so nice. So that is how my week started. He is feeling a little better now so now I am wondering who is next. I am praying no one.
Starting in January Randy and I jumped on Dave Ramsey's bandwagon. We ARE going to get rid of debt!!!! Its not going to happen overnight but we do have a goal and we are working hard to meet it! We have never used a budget( sorry to say) and now we trying to get used to it. I have a grocery budget and I sticking with it even if it kills me. Shopping at CVS has helped so much!! I pretty much dont have to buy any personal toiletries now and I have not had to buy Tide for a month now. I have had so much "extras" I have had fun giving stuff away. My friend Michele says she hates grocery shopping. Well I am the opposite, I actually like it but I hate giving my money away. Too bad you have to have one with the other.LOL My problem is I am an impullsive buyer. Do any of you have that problem? I have been trying to go into the store and get ONLY whats on my list. I used to go shopping for a whole month but I have decided that is is easier to shop sales and save money by going once a week. I am also a coupon junkie. I wont go to the store unless I have coupons. You can save so much with coupons.Michele posted her menue plan and I thought it was a good idea so I am going to post mine. I am going to try and do this every week and would love to see other people plans too. I hate cooking the smae things over and over. So here goes......

Breakfast is pretty much cold cereal every day.

I pack luches for the girls and Randy every day. Konnor and I eat whatever we find in the fridge or pantry.Leftovers alot.

Monday; Beef and noodles( made w/ leftover roast from Sunday) mashpotatos and corn
Tuesday; Cheesy chicken and bean quesadillas ( www.pillsbury.com) chips and salsa
Wednesday; Beef stew and home made bread
Thursday; cheesy chicken tortilla lasagna( www.pillsbury.com) salad
Friday; ground beef and twice baked potato pie and homemade bread
Saturday;chili speggetti
Sunday; Roast and all the fixins

I have a subscription to to the pillsbury cookbook you see in the checkout isle. That is where i got my recipes, but I think you can get them on their website too. Well I have a screaming baby in my arms so more later......

5 comments:

Tamra said...

Hopefully, no one else gets sick. I did hear poor Konnor as you guys were hurriedly exiting the sanctuary. :)
I ate a little piece of the sourdough bread you gave Sarah. Way too yummy! It looked pretty too!

The Going Blog said...

This has been the winter to be sick. We (me and the girls) all had something last week and have now passed it onto David. Poor (lucky) guy was on the sofa all day. Fortunatly it isn't a stomach thing. I hope Conner is feeling better. I have a Cameron memory at Skyline Chilli similar to Conners church story. If we stayed home everytime they said their tummy hurts we wouldn't go anywhere.

Unknown said...

This winter has been harsh one as far as sickness goes! I heard Bryce around 4:00am this morning getting sick and he was sick every 30-40 minutes after that for several hours. No fun at all! And I know what you mean about impulsive buying. If I see something on sale that I know the kids would like, it's hard for me to pass it up even if it's not on my list.

Michele said...

Great job on the menu! Sounds yummy! Hope Konnor is feeling better. I too had your bread at Paul and Sarah's. Very good!

sankey family said...

Your menu looks great - I love using a menu, too. I don't like grocery shopping either, but when I take time to make a menu and buy for what's on it, it goes easier for me.
But with the way my life is right now, I'm just happy to get my family fed.
Love and miss you,
Melodie