Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lunar Eclispe

This was taken by a newspaper reporter( with alot better camera than me) in Monroe,OH (where I live)This was taken by me( with a bad camera) from my front porch in Monroe,OH
Did any of you perchance see the lunar eclipse last night? We were getting ready for bed last night when my mom called and told us to check it out. What a spectacular night for viewing it!! Not a cloud in the sky. The Earth, Moon and Sun all lined up so that the earth cast a shadow on the moon. At full eclipse the moon had an orange glow as in the first picture. My girls thought this was the coolest thing ever. Right next to the moon you could see Saturn. If you had a telescope you could see the rings around Saturn.My girls were wanting to scour the neighborhood looking for one.(a telescope) The next total eclipse like this wont happen till December of 2010. As you can tell I love things like this. What a marvelous Creator we have!!!

3 comments:

Michele said...

What great pictures. I even like yours. We watched the eclipse too! It is amazing. I did not know about Saturn. I think it would be really neat to get a good quality telescope!

Rebekah said...

How cool to think that you were out checking out the same sight as we were. Only 1200 miles away! We can say we watched the eclipes together!! :-) We did watch most of it! I had to make a CVS run in the middle somewhere!! :-)

Jenny said...

Heather, I was at work that night but stopped periodically to check out the progress. It was SO neat. love the pictures!