Monday, November 26, 2007

A great long weekend

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DAD!!!

Wow, What a weekend! It was great but it was busy! I hope everyone else had a good thanksgiving. I am upset with myself though. Me being a scrapbooker and a blogger and I didn't even get a picture of all of the food on the table. It all looked so good I just sat down and started eating.( after we thanked God for it). I thought about it after we were finished and we were cleaning up but I didn't think that would be a very good picture. My mother in law outdid herself again this year. All of the food was soooo good and of coarse I ate way to much. I didn't even make anything. I took sweet potato casserole but kaitlyn made that. She loves to cook so I gave her the recipe and put her to work.She did a good job and it tasted great! We had fun visiting with Randy's brother Robert and his family. With his 5 kids and our 4 it was quite the happening place all day. Konnor and Josiah being about the same size decided that would wrestle. It was so funny but I didn't get any pictures or video. I will have to get some from Suzanne my sil and post it later. I did get a picture of them hugging afterwards so they are still friends.8o) Martha and I made a trip to CVS( yes on Thanksgiving day) and got some super bargains. I wont bore you with the details but I got alot of stuff for no $ and came out with extra bucks to do more shopping with this week. whoopee!! Friday I did not go out shopping early like I always do. 4:00 in the morning didn't sound good to me this year. Konnor was up sick half of the night anyways. I missed doing it but oh well maybe next year. Randy,the girls,my nephews David and Eric, Paul Holden and his kids, and Randy Jewett drove to Lima, Ohio Friday night to watch our Hometown high school football team play in the state semi finals. (they lost) So me and my friends Sarah Holden and Michele Jewett hung out all night. We went out for dinner at Red Lobster and did a little shopping. Yes we went to CVS again to educate Sarah on the CVS game so now she is ready to start getting deals too. I love deals and getting stuff for free. We had to take along Kade and Konnor so it wasn't truly a girls night out but we did have alot of fun. We put our Christmas tree up Friday also. The kids did most of it so I didn't do much but clean up the mess.8o) Saturday we just hung out around the house all day. Randy had to work Saturday night so my parents came over and brought my nephews with them. The kids had fun playing and eating pizza so that made the time pass pretty quick. Sunday was normal so here I am today.Enjoying the peace and quiet with the girls gone to school and the boys still in bed. Thinking of all the things I need to catch up on. I really don't want to think about it. Kade is sick with a cold so I am having to use that blue bulb syringe to suck out his nose all of the time. That makes him mad(I would be too if someone tried to suck my brains out all of the time)but I don't know what else to do. Poor baby. Konnor is still coughing real bad but at least I am not having to give him breathing treatments every 3 hours. I forgot to mention my dad. Yesterday was his birthday and we celebrated at their house after church last night. I hope you had a great birthday Dad and I love you alot! Well I am off to scale Mt. Laundry. It might take me a couple of days but I will make it.I cant wait to read about all of your weekend. TTFN.....

P.S. I really dont know why my text came out long like this. It is driving me nuts.Oh well. sorry.









Thanksgiving weekend

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I love the pics of Kade! He is so cute!!! (along with the rest of my wonderful neices/nephews!!;-) I'm glad you had a great weekend!!!

Unknown said...

Loved all your pictures. Kade is such a doll! I really like the picture of him "decorated". That's cute enough for a Christmas card!