Saturday, November 17, 2007

THE CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL

Every year our family goes to the Christmas Festival in Springboro,Ohio. We used to live within walking distance but since we have moved we go back every year. It is a tradition for us. It is in the historic downtown of Springboro and they close off the road so all of the vendors can set up. They have craft tents, entertainment tents, horse drawn wagon rides, kid stuff and all kids of yummy food. We usually go to the parade at noon and then walk the street and cruise the craft tents till we get hungry for lunch. Every year I look forward to a messy gyro and a big bag of fresh hot kettle corn. Its our once a year splurge. I wouldn't spend 7 bucks on a gyro any other time.8o) My kids stopped at the Domino's Pizza booth for pizza. All of that good food and get something they can anytime of the year. Hmmmm Oh well we had alot of fun today and now we can look forward to next year. Smiles 8o)

Christmas festival

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Sounds like the Halloween festival they have here and they do all the same stuff. I even got a gyro for 7 dollars! LOL THe kind I got was disgusting...I'll never do that again.

The Going Blog said...

Our town festival is Riley Days and it's the first weekend in Oct. It sounds very much the same. Something draws us back each year :) It's not the craft booths because I don't think I have ever bought anything from them. Looks like you got your festival in just in time weather wise.

Jenny said...

Heather, we must have just missed you. It is so fun and so many things for the kids to do for free!! I didn't buy one thing this year yet had a blast!

Tim and Kristina said...

Wish we could have been there. I would have loved to eat one of those gyros!! Guess I'll have to wait till next year.

Rebekah said...

Looks like fun and yummy food!!! It is so funny to see you all looking like you were cold!!! You can send some of that our way any time!! Where was Kade??? Did he enjoy and Gyro, kettle corn (my favorite), or pizza???? ha,ha!!LOL!!

Looks like you had fun!