Monday, October 29, 2007

A quick weekend trip

four generations Konnor and Great Grandma Patty
Kade holding a conversation with Great Grandma Patty
a cute picture I took at the rest area in TN
me and my boys
Well I had a fun weekend! My mom received an invitation to a surprise 50th birthday party for her brother in South Carolina back at the beginning of the month. She didn't want to go alone so I volunteered. Friday morning we left as soon as the girls got on the bus. The boys were much better than I expected in the car. 10 hours is a long time for little kids in the car. Kade actually slept most of the way. We arrived around 7:00 Friday evening. Saturday we went for a delicious breakfast at IHOP and then off to the party. We were there for most of the day and Sunday we were on the road again. The 10 hours home seemed to take longer for some reason. So now I am tired. But I am so glad I got to see my grandma and she is happy that she got to see Kade for the first time. She loves her grand babies so much.Now I have a ton of laundry to do and I have to drag all of the winter clothes out of the basement.I wish I was rich because then I would buy my kids a new wardrobe every season so I wouldn't have to do this.I hate storing clothes and then pulling them out every season!!! So if you don't hear from me in a couple of days you will know where to find me. Under a pile of clothes looking for a way out.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoyed your pictures! Kade is growing so fast. Konnor looks like a proud big brother. Mollie saw the pics and said, "is that Konnor and the baby his mommy got at the hospital?" :-)

Rebekah said...

I'm glad you all had a good trip. I wish I could have met you there!!! Both Konnor and Kade are looking cute as ever!! Give them hugs from aunt Bekka!!!

Anonymous said...

Wish you could have stopped in. Would have love to have seen you all.Glad you had a safe trip. See it isn't that bad;) A. Becky