Monday, June 25, 2007

Back from camp

Well we are back from camp. I love camp but it was soooo good to get home. Now I have a huge pile of laundry and a messy house to get cleaned up. I did get everything unpacked and put away last night.Thank goodness. After getting up at 6:30 every morning to get a shower I just wanted to sleep in this morning. Konnor decided he wanted to get up before eight, so I made him get in bed with me for a few more minutes but I got up a few minuets after eight and since we had only a tiny bit of milk( which Konnor had to have on cereal) I made some pancakes and got busy on the laundry. I had one laundry basket that Randy made early in the week and 3 trash bags full from camp.Have I ever mentioned that I hate my washing machine? It does a good job but only holds 7 bath towels at one time.( yes I counted once) So I think I will be doing laundry for a while. I would love to have one of those big washers that does like 16 towels at once.I could knock out this pile in no time!! Oh well. Back to camp. It was a great camp with great weather, great preaching,and great company. It feels funny when someone comes up to you and says" I feel like I know you from reading your blog" and can name all your kids names. Cool though. Konnor did great with going to the potty. He only had a couple of accidents all week and he actually stayed dry all night once. ( the first time ever). All of the hard work on the cabin payed off. It was so cozy and we all loved it!!! I have a few pictures but I will have to figure out how to get them all on one post. We had a big campfire on Saturday night by our cabin and it was a big hit with all of our friends from Franklin church and a few from other churches. It was chilly out and it was nice to sit around a fire and roast hot dogs and eat smores. Well I cant wait to read everyone's blog about camp. Now I have a pile of laundry to do. Till next time......

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Welcome home!!! I'm glad you had fun!! I'd love to see all your pics! Great job to Konnor!!! I'll talk to you soon!!! I've got tons of laundry to do myself and I haven't even been to camp!!! C-ya!

The Going Blog said...

I didn't get the memo that there was a campfire with smores and hotdogs. :) The days run together so I'm not sure where we were on campus but it was probably with David's parents. It sure was fun being with them. I didn't get as much new friend time though. However these blogs of ours will keep us connected.