Thursday, July 9, 2009

Okay, I just have to say that mommys can do anything. Even do plumbing. I tried my hand at it on Monday and conquered it. Sunday afternoon I found a big bowl of leftover roast in the refrigerator and decided it was a little past the due date so I turned on the garbage disposal and threw the roast in the sink. Keep in mind that I have dumped alot of things down my disposal( including roast) in the past and it has only stopped up twice. Once with potato peels and the time was with spaghetti. I have learned that whatever you dump down it must go slowly!!!!! The spaghetti went down in a flash and in a flash it stopped up. Well I was in a hurry and my roast went down in a flash and in a flash it was stopped up again. Since I was trying to get out the door to church I decided that Randy didn't really need to know about it at that time. LOL Things like that really stress him out you know. so when we got home from church I quickly went to the sink and sure enough that brown chunky roast water was still standing in the sink. So I casually mentioned that I stopped up the disposal and My wonderful husband promptly stressed and said that it was going to take him an hour to fix it when he got home from work the next day.
Now keep in mind that I had been to camp for a week and then I had family staying with us for a week after that and my house was begging for a good cleaning. My kids were all sleeping over at Mamaws( except Kade) so I had already decided to give my house a top to bottom cleaning Monday. I just couldn't clean my house with stinky, brown, roast water sitting in my sink all day. I got upMonday and said to my self," Self, I am going to unstop what I stopped up." So I cleaned out all of the cleaning supplies under the sink, grabbed a bucket and prayed that my husband hadn't twisted the twisty thing to tight the last time he cleaned it out. I undid the twisty things and broke the pipes apart. I sure am glad I had the bucket there!! Just let me tell you that I have a pretty strong stomach. Not much affects me but this was gross!! ( I was thinking about my good friend Michele as I did it. She gags quite easily) I thought I had it all out so turned on the water a little bit to see if it would run out. I am glad I had the bucket there because it ran out! So being the person that I am I decided to make sure it was out so I kept the water on just a little bit and turned on the disposal. Just let me say that It all totally missed the bucket completely!! It blew nasty roast all over the inside of my cabinet. It was then that I thought I might gag myself. I decided to get another bucket of clean water to start cleaning up the mess. I found an old bottle brush to stick in the pipes to clean them out. Have you ever seen what is growing in your pipes under your kitchen sink? Trust me you don't want to know!!! So here I am with my head under the sink trying to wipe up the nasty junk and gunk that just got blew all over the cabinet walls I turn around and see see Kade with the nasty bottle brush mopping the kitchen floor with it. Now I really gross out. Good thing I was on a cleaning mission! I get it all put together and try it out and Yep, you guessed it. Still stopped up. It was plugged up farther down the pipe that I didn't take apart. So I started over. So to make a very long story just long,I finally got it all clean up, it is very organized under my sink now, and I had no leak when I was finally done. With all that done I could finally get started on the rest of my house. I think from now on I will not never put anything down the disposal fast. Now that Randy knows that I can do it, he will make me do it every time. That is not something I want to do ever again!!!!!!! Randy said that since I did that he is going to show me how to clean out the traps in the bathtubs when they get stopped up with all of the long hair coming out of 3 girls heads. I promptly told him No Thanks!!! That's a job even a 4 year old boy says is gross. LOL

5 comments:

Danny,Liz,Becca,Ben, Abby and Caleb said...

I just read this out loud to my husband and we both laughed! We can totally relate! My husband is ALWAYS getting after me about what I put down ours! Right now he is giving me a lecture about what should and what shouldn't go down a garbage disposal! He freaks when I put potato peels, spaghetti or anything like that in ours! I helped him clean out ours once and it was NASTY!!! Kudos to you for getting the job done!!

Rebekah said...

Too funny!!! I can't believe you did it!! I would have definitely lost my lunch!! I can handle a lot but....Good for you!!! We have stopped ours up with potato peels and a hot wheels truck before but thankfully Chad took care of it for me:-)!!

Anonymous said...

Now I don't feel as bad for the foot through the wall thing... your story is MUCH worse!! I would have promptly gagged and left it for dad to do! :)

Anonymous said...

You are one brave girl! I laughed and laughed when I read this. Your husband takes after his Dad! But Randy was nice and fixed my wall last night so I'll leave it at that! Diana

Michele said...

We just read this and you are right, I would have been gagging the whole time!!!! ;o)