Thursday, December 18, 2008

No i have not died! Just caught up in the business of the holiday season. As much as you tell yourself you aren't going to get caught up you do.
Last Friday Randy worked so the kids and I spent a quiet evening at home. Saturday my wonderful husband and I had a date day. We left early and went out for breakfast at my favorite place.IHOP! I had Pecan Strusel Pancakes and they were awesome. They were covered in crunchy pecan strusel and drizzled with a cream cheese icing. Yummmmm we then went Christmas shopping,finished the day at Starbucks to tally up the checkbook damage.(not really,we have been saving) We decided to go home and surprise the kids and take them to Fountain square in Cincinnati to go ice skating. ( hopefully i can get the pictures to upload this time.I have tried twice already)
Sunday was normal except we had a two hour program practice before the pm service.
Monday night we had our friends the Heintzelman's over for dinner.Randy and Duane built a really cool entertainment center for our living room.During that time Katie and I took the two little boys and went to the thrift store not to far from my house.
Tuesday night we took Randy's Grandma out to dinner for Christmas.
Wednesday i cleaned houses all day with my mom and that night we went Christmas caroling with people from church. It was alot of fun. The kids had a blast riding the bus and singing to some shutins who cant attend church.
Randy had to be at work this morning at 2am so we rushed home so he could get a couple hours of sleep. He ran out of hours today so he wont be coming home tonight. He will be sleeping in his big rig tonight and I will be lonely here at home. boo hoo! Megan has a choir concert at school tonight so I will be going to that soon.
So now you have the rundown on why I haven't posted. I will try to do better. By the way, I am not done with my shopping and I haven't wrapped a single gift. I work well under pressure. LOL
Fountain Square Fun

2 comments:

Katie and the boys said...

Looking at your pictures brought back memories of when your parents would take us ice skating down there.
Did you guys do the free cariage ride?

Tamra said...

Nice pics! Looks like a good time. The one of the whole family would make a nice Christmas card photo! :) We had fun Wed. night with you guys