Saturday, September 22, 2007

Meatloaf cookies

I know you are thinking" what in the world is meatloaf cookies?" My mother-in-law makes these wonderful cookies called mincemeat cookies and she made them for the family reunion last week. It was really funny to watch as people would walk by and pick one up and take a bite. What a shock to realize that the cookie that you thought was chocolate chip was something you couldn't quite place. My mother-in law explained to them that they were and it became a joke to try and get someone to like"meatloaf cookies". They are actually very good so I am going to include the recipe( especially for you Julie). They are a really good cookie for fall time. A little cinnamon, spice, and apple all mixed in. If anyone tries them let me know how you like them. You can find mince meat by the pie fillings at the grocery store. They are one of my favorite!!!! Yum....

Mincemeat cookies
1 cp. shortening 1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cups sugar 1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs 1(9 oz.) box None Such condensed mincemeat,crumbled
3 cups flour ( this is the actual brand in the store)

preheat oven to 375. In large mixer bowl, beat shortening and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs: beat well. Stir together dry ingred. gradually add to shortening mixture. mix well. Stir in mincemeat.
Drop by rounded tsp full, 2 in apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or till lightly browned. cool.

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

Sounds interesting! I'm sure Chad would like them!!! haha I'll have to try them!

Trisha said...

ugghh!!! You can keep the recipe, I had enough at the reunion. Remember all it is is apples, raisins, and beef broth! ha ha!

Diana said...

Hey Trisha watch it!!! You know how much you loved them.....Diana

Anonymous said...

My grandma used to make mince meat pies and I was always to picky to even try them. Maybe someday when I'm feeling adventurous. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Katie and the boys said...

"TAG" you're it! Check out my blog to find out what you are supposed to do now.