Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Empty

I feel so empty. I drove home from church Sunday night alone. My van felt so empty. My bed is so empty. I have no one to share my deepest thoughts with. Last night I cooked dinner for the kids and I. His chair at the end of the table was so empty. My heart is so empty right now. The only thing that is not empty is my tear ducts. They overflow quite often. I cant seem to stop them these past couple of days.
My boys are missing their daddy so much right now.On the way home from FL a semi truck passed us. Kade started yelling' Daddy" over and over and waving like he thought it was Randy in the truck next to us. Yesterday at lunch he looked at me and said "da da" and held his hands up as if to ask" where is he?" When ever the phone rings he runs to it and says" da da" He loved talking to Randy on the phone. Konnor prays at dinner for his daddy to come back or today while driving down the road asks when he can see his daddy again. It absolutely kills me. I don't have the words to give them. They don't understand. I don't want them to forget their daddy.
My friends and family are the only things holding my head above the grief and misery that I am drowning in right now. I don't know what I would do with out them. At my lowest moment I get a text from them telling me they are thinking about me. They come to my house or invite me over. They don't care if I cry on their shoulder.
It is late my kids are in bed. My problem is I don't want to go to bed. So, I stay up late till I am so tired that I fall into bed and am instantly asleep. The problem is that morning comes way to fast and I have a two year old who knows how to climb out of his crib now. No sleeping in for mommy. Again I am sorry for the ramblings on that you read in this blog. This is one way of getting through this night mare I call life right now. I am reminded daily that life is so fragile so.. Thank God for the breath that you have and tell someone special that you love them.

10 comments:

Katie and the boys said...

Heather, we love you sooo much!!!

The Going Blog said...

Naps might be your best friend right now :-)You are carrying a heavy load. I appreciate you being real. It helps us to know how to pray for you. Our Ashley has you on her mind and prays for you at meals or whenever we are praying together.

Sarah Cook said...

Heather,
I so wish I could reach over the miles and hug you and sit with you... of course, I would have to bring 3 little people. Do you think your boys would enjoy having three little girls to play with?
I think of you so often, I just don't know what to say.
We love you.

Anonymous said...

Heather I love you! I'm thinking of you. Love, Jo

Jennifer Truitt said...

Holding you up in special prayers today! Trusting God will give you comfort and peace in the midst of your terrible storm. I can't imagine the grief of trying to explain this to your boys. Praying for the God of all comfort to wrap His great big arms around your entire family!!!!
Jenn Truitt

Peggy B. said...

Thinking of you.

The Caplingers said...

Heather,

I think God must allow us to feel your grief a little. Because all day yesterday I found myself crying and asking God Why. God does know the big picture but even knowing that, it still hurts tremendously. We love you guys so much and wish that we could take all the emptiness away.

Love and Hugs
Suzanne

Lisa said...

Oh Heather, I deeply feel your sorrow. My heart is breaking with you so much. As you know I lost my baby and can't imagine my spouse. Nevertheless, we share a "loss" together and I too felt life was a nightmare and found myself just going through the motions of life! Not feeling anything was real to me just existing. This is real and please know that I want to be a friend to you anytime you want. For me it was time that helped me and ultimately God that brought me through such a scary and helpless time. All I wanted was my Kyle back! Dark moments were always there never going away...until some time passed and I began to function gradually and finally back on track. We'll never forget...we celebrate Kyle's birthday every year with a cake so my boys never forget the memory of their brother. It helps us all! You are going to make it Heather...God will make a way that none of us can understand. I love you and am praying for YOU and those precious children!
Lisa~

Anonymous said...

Heather,
I love you and the kids so much!! I've been sitting here thinking about you and praying for you!! I've been crying all night, just thinkin about you and what you are going through!! You are such a good mommy!! You stay strong for your kids! I want to be the kind of wife you were for Randy!! There is not one doubt in my mind whether or not you loved him!! You lived your love for him!!
I love you soo much!!
~Amy~

Karalynne said...

I know you don't know me, but I wanted to just tell you that I think about you and pray for you every day!! I know for a certainty that the Lord is holding you up and walking with you every moment of every day!!!