Thursday, March 26, 2009

The results are in


I tend to be a little sceptical when it comes to new things until I really know they work. I guess I am cheap and don't want to waste $ on something that doesn't work. I really don't laundry soap that doesn't clean my clothes!This week my good friend Michele decided that she going to try a recipe she found for homemade laundry soap. Being the good friend that she is, she gave me a jug of it. I put it to the test on Konnor's play jeans that he wore to the building site at church the other night. As you can see they were pretty nasty. There was grass stain under that ground in dirt. I think it did a pretty good job don't you?I don't think it has much ( or any) scent but if your like me and like scent on your clothes use a stronger fabric softener like I did. The best part is...... the recipe makes a 5 gallon bucket full and you dilute it with water so it actually makes 10 gallons. She figured it up and if you use a top loading washer it costs....insert drum roll.... $.01 cent a load. Less than that if you use a front loader. How awesome is that. It cost her less than $10 to make it all. You can go here to check out the recipe. It only has 3 ingredients in it and she found them all in a local grocery store. How cool is that!
P.S. I forgot to add that I did spray a little Shout on Konnor's pants before I washed them.

4 comments:

Michele said...

That is so cool! Thanks for the great review. It actually only cost about $2 per 5 gallon bucket! It cost $9 for all the supplies but I have enough stuff left over to make several more batches! I'm so glad it worked!

Tim and Kristina said...

Wow! I might have to look into making some of that!

Gayle said...

Wow! I am going to have to get some of that. Thanks for sharing!

Tamra said...

It worked! Yay!