Thursday, December 13, 2007

A yummy day




I know it has been a while since I posted but I have been busy. Every time I would sit down to post something else would come up for me to do. Well today I decided to bake. I love to bake by the way but does take time and I am a messy baker. That means when I am finished it looks like a tornado just hit my kitchen. You would think that I would have chosen a different day and time to do my thing since Randy had to work and I had to take the kids to church by myself so the girls could have piano lessons afterwards. But no, about 1:00 I got started. I made 4 loaves of Amish friendship bread and popped them in the oven. There is this apple pie recipe that I have been wanting to try forever and I had all of the ingredients so I stared in on that. Keep in mind that I had no idea what time it was and I hadn't started dinner yet.LOL The girls then walked in the door and I was jolted with the realization of what time it was. So I put Kaitlyn to work helping me and I started dinner. I have made this recipe before and I loved it!!!!! I am going to try to put on here so you all can try it. It is very easy and if you like spinach you will love it!!!!! Randy then walked in the door and I had to really start moving. Well I did get everything done and cleaned up before I had to leave for church. I just didn't get to try a piece of the apple pie before I left. I did try it when I got home and it is GREAT! I still have Christmas cookies to make and bake but that will all be another day. I would love to get some easy and yummy recipes from you. Just leave a comment and tell me where to find it.Happy baking!





5 comments:

Rebekah said...

Sounds fun!! I wish I was there to bake with you!! I love baking also!

An easy sugar cookie recipe??? The easiest in my book is buy pillsbury dough, roll it out, cut cookies and decorate!!!:-) Can't get much easier than that!!

I'll have to try your recipes!! Glad you finally got them on! Talk to you soon.

Tamra said...

Everything looks so yummy! That bread is one of my favorite desserts.

Anonymous said...

Heather you are such a good cook! You are always trying something new. I'm proud that you are my daughter-in-law! Diana

Michele said...

Heather,
Everything looks delicious! Especially the pie. www.allrecipes.com is my favorite place for recipes. Lots of reviews and tips and I think you could find almost any recipe there. Happy baking!
Michele

Holdens said...

looks great what time should your neighbors arrive for dessert? LOL