Friday, November 6, 2009

Just when you think you are doing good it hits you again. Grief is a weird thing. The pain is always there,so intense, but you go through your day like normal because you have to.I still clean up Kade's messes, do laundry,dishes, and cook. But at any given time or moment a big wave will hit you and down you go again. I cry at the drop of a hat and sometimes I want to cry and cant squeeze a tear out. Some days I feel I can do this other days I don't think I will make it another hour. The tasks are overwhelming and I look to the future and wonder how i will ever make it. The loneliness is to much to bear at times. I miss having Randy come home at the end of the day. Just knowing he was there would relieve the stress. Now I have no relief. I get angry but I don't know who to be angry at. I have to learn to take control of my life and learn to do things on my own. It is just one step of acceptance. It is so much easier said than done. I don't want to do it on my own but I have too.
I am dreading the holidays. I am running away this Thanksgiving. I don't want to be at home. I have to go and do something different. I am stepping out of my comfort zone and driving to FL. I hate driving long distances. Especially with 4 kids but I no longer have a trucker driver husband, who loves to drive, to drive me places so I have to do it on my own. I can do it and I will!
Slowly the fog is clearing and I am trying to get back into a routine of sorts. If there is such a thing. For those of you who know me,know I am a coupon queen.I love saving money at the store! This week I cut my first coupon since Randy died. It felt good. In 4 months I haven't had anything in me to want to do anything that was normal. I haven't started and finished one book.I want to but I cant keep my mind focused long enough to do it.Its weird how my mind wont let me do these things. In an instant of time my world changed. Nothing,Let me repeat, nothing is the same. nor will it ever be. and for a person who hates change that is something hard to swallow.
I am so thankful for my friends. They get me through my darkest hours. From the texts, the phone calls, the invites,letting me cry on their shoulder, or going to the cemetery to just talk. I feel so needy sometimes and such a burden. I hope someday I can pay them back a tiny fraction of what they have given to me. You know who you are. Thanks!!
I leave you with this...... Be thankful and live for today. You never know what tomorrow will bring or take away.

10 comments:

Constance said...

Hey Heather,
I just wanted to let you know that I think of you often, and pray for you alot. Your kids are absolutely beautiful and you guys keep hanging in there.

The Dickinsons said...

Heather, I don't think that I have ever even met you but I have HURT soooo much for you, cried for you, and PRAYED HARD For you during this UNBELIEVABLY DIFFICULT time you have been facing. May God continue to be with you and your precious family!!

Michele said...

I love you!

Megan Cuaresma said...

I love you Heahter and think of you so often!

Anonymous said...

Heather -- we have never met but I must say that you are constantly in my thoughts....I read your posts and the feelings I get are overwhelming. It really truly touches me. I pray for your healing, and know that Randy is so proud of you!!

Jennifer Truitt said...

Heather,
I was so glad to get to meet you at Sara's house! I am so glad you have such a great group of friends surrounding you! You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!

Jenny said...

Heather, I heard this song the other day when I was driving. It made me think of you. It's a pretty song and made me think of yours and Randy's kids.....It's by Mallory Hope and it's called Love Lives On....Here are the words.....

I reached for you this morning
woke up with empty arms
once again it's sinking in
how far away you are
I still pour two cups of coffee
and tell you all about my dreams
this kitchen's way to quiet
you should still be here with me

And even though i cry like crazy
even though it hurts so bad
I'm thankful for the time God gave me
Even though we couldn't make it last
I'm learning how to live without you
Even though I don't want to
And even with you gone, love lives on

I still call your mom on Sunday
It's good to hear her voice
She always tells me that same story
About her stubborn little boy
And I kept your favorite t-shirt
You know the one I used to hate
Ain't it funny how it's the one thing I just can't throw away

And even though I cry like crazy
Even though it hurts so bad
I'm thankful for the time God gave me
Even though we couldn't make it last
I'm learning how to live without you
Even though I don't want to
And even with you gone love lives on

She comes with me on your birthday
Little flowers in her hands
She's always known there's something missing
But to young to understand
And someday she's going to ask me
what kind of man you were
I'll tell her all the ways I loved you
And all of you I see in her

And even though I cry like crazy
Even though it hurts so bad
I'm thankful for the love God gave me
And she's the perfect way to make it last
Learning how to live without you
Baby i don't want to
But even with you gone
love lives on yeah

I reached for you this morning
woke up with empty arms



I'm sure you Thank God every day for your kiddos, I am sure they are a source of stress at times but, they are products of the love you and Randy shared. I know you miss him like crazy.....Call me if you want to go shopping or have lunch sometime. I will have lots of time after Thanksgiving. :o)

Rebekah said...

We love you and can't wait to spend Thanksgiving with you! You can run away to us any time:-) Love ya!
~Rebekah

Christina G. said...

I was at work the other day and I heard this song that made me think of you guys. The song is Homesick by MercyMe if you haven't heard it try looking it up it is a really awesome song. I love you cuz and I think about you often. And one thing in the song that really stands out is that through Christ there are no Goodbyes... we will see our loved ones again!
Christina

Ella said...

Heather,
It was good to see you last night in Springboro. You looked so pretty, and your children are beautiful. I just wanted you to know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers countless times over the past few months....and I'm sure there are many more of us out there that, even though we don't see you very much, are holding you up.
Love, Ella