Monday, July 23, 2007

my weekly update.

Konnor's first time to eat corn on the cob. He tried to eat the cob too.
I know this is said alot but I cant believe I went a week and did not post a single thing. I did have a busy week but I really don't have an excuse. I had my weekly doctor appt. on Wed. and when I walked in there was only one seat left in the waiting room. ( its a good thing I didn't have my kids with me) Well 10 minutes after I get there the nurse comes to the door and says that the doctor had to go to the hospital for a delivery and we could reschedule or wait. ( I found out that this was the 3rd time that morning that this had happened)Needless to say the waiting room cleared real fast.I talked to the nurse and she said it would be an hour at least before I would be seen so I decided to leave. Of coarse the doctor is on vacation this week so I get to see the nurse practitioner. I have been feeling so overwhelmed. I haven't had anything done with the baby stuff. So last week I got out all of the newborn baby clothes that I have acquired and washed them and put them in the dresser. I bought a bouncy seat( my one necessary item) and some diapers( also necessary). Its pretty bad I am only a few weeks from delivery and I didn't have any diapers. Now I just have to get a car seat( or they won't let me bring him home) and a bed. Thanks to my friend Katie H. I just need to walk over to her house and get the bed she is letting me borrow. We are switching bedrooms around so the boys who are going to be sharing will have the biggest room. So I started getting all of Megan's stuff out and randy started painting Saturday. The colors are going to be Orange and white with a cool Hot wheels border around the middle. In other words we have alot to do in a short amount of time.
When I was close to delivering my other kids I put up a bunch of meals in the freezer for after I came home from the hospital and didn't feel like cooking. I guess I need to get busy with that soon. Does anyone have any good recipes that freeze good. I would love to have something different than the same old stuff I normally do.Well I need to get something done today. I hope this wont be the last post of the week. LOL

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found this blog today. Lots of yummy sounding freezer meals on here. http://freezerchicks.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Here's another
http://www.lazydaygourmet.com/

Heather said...

Thanks so much Michele! I will definitly check these out.

Rebekah said...

Hey! Looks like Konnor enjoyed his corn!! The boys room sounds really cute!!

About the recipes. You should email Aimee S. She just had a book on her blog all about freezing meals. She probablys has some good ones. I"ll let you know if I come up with any!

Don't forget to remind that little boy in your belly he needs to come out before August 13th!!!

Aimee said...

Heather - Hey, I just got back from vacation and saw that you need recipes! I'll get my book out and let you know what they have and see if any sound interesting.

sankey family said...

Hi, Heather. I loved seeing you at church recently...you look great!
If your family likes meatloaf or meatballs, make up a bunch - they freeze great. Stick potatoes in the oven to bake, grab a bagged salad and dinner's on!

Will be waiting to hear news and see pics of this new little guy. His and Konnor's room decor sounds adorable.

Melodie