Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th of July

4th of july
I hope everyone had a good Independence Day. I thought I might sleep in but we all decided to get up and go to the parade. To me it isn't the 4th of July unless you go to the parade. So we stopped at t Kroger and picked up some donuts and ate them while we waited for the parade to start. It wasn't to bad but it did get a little drawn out at times. Konnor loved the police cars and the fire trucks. The kids love this parade because the participants throw so much candy that they usually come home with half of a grocery sack full of it. They don't eat half of it but it so much fun grabbing it off of the pavement I let them bring it home and then throw away the stuff that they don't eat. We had a few friends over in the afternoon for a barbecue. It rained on us but we just moved the grill around to the front of the garage and made do. The rain did stop and we all had fun playing corn hole and shooting off a rocket that Drew Miller brought over. The rockets would go so high you couldn't even see them till the little parachute came out and it floated down.( usually they had to chase it 3 or 4 housed down the street).Eventually the wind started blowing and they lost both of them.Too bad!Konnor and Steven M. found some mud and had a good time till we caught them. You can from the pictures that Steven caught a little more than konnor did on his face. We decided not to go to the fire works since it was starting to storm and Tuesday evening some people in our subdivision set off enough to rival any city around. They were really good and we sat on our back porch and watched them for a long time. These people spent between 1000.00 and 1500.00 dollars so that gives you an idea of how good they were. Oh well its back to grind today except I have to pack for vacation and get the house cleaned. I have to work tonight and I have a doctor appt. tomorrow so I don't have much time to pack and get things done so I will be very busy for the next two days. I cant wait to relax all next week sitting in my chair next to the lake. Cya, Off to work I go...

2 comments:

Janella said...

A little mud won't hurt!:) Don't you love it when people spend a lot of $$ and you benefit. We had a free show too! Have a good day!

Rebekah said...

Enjoyed the pics!! I like the ones of the girls with the sparklers!! Have fun getting everything done!! I'll probably talk to you but have a blast and relax on your vacation!! I'm jelous! I wish I were going also!