Sunday, December 13, 2009

I know I haven't said much as of late about Randy and how I am doing. Reason being is I have been pushing it away. If I don't think about it I don't hurt as bad. Tears are falling right now. This week has been hard. Different things, different conversations, made me think. I miss him so much. I feel so alone at times like this. The kids are all in bed and no one to talk to or cry to. so I sit and write. it helps me to write how I am feeling.. This week Konnor sat in the chair across from me and said" Mom, is daddy ever coming back? I said" No, baby he is not ever coming back" He said" I just miss him so much and I want him to play with me again." It just tears this mommy up inside. Then I got the proof for Randy's grave stone. I had been looking for it but to actually see it was another finality slap in the face. It is really real. This week I had a thought cross my mind to call him again. Will it ever go away? To sing in the Christmas program choir tonight without him was horrible. I cried on the way to church and got some of it out of me but to actually stand up there and not hear him behind me and when Pastor Hooker said something in his prayer about people we love spending their first Christmas in Heaven I lost it again. You can scroll down a couple of posts and hear Randy sing his solo in last years choir. I loved to hear him sing.
On our way to the kid's program practice Megan asked if we could go in the cemetery to see daddy. As I came up on the cemetery Kade started saying" daddy daddy!" He knows Randy is there but if you ask him where daddy is Kade will say" Church". Its amazing what a 2 year old will remember. If I let myself think of how much Randy loved his kids and him not being here with them I just can't stand it.
I know we all think of what it would be like if we weren't here. Maybe I am the only one who has done that. If only Randy knew what it is was like without him here.
I cant even get into the Holiday spirit. I try for the kids but its not the same. Randy and I always took a whole Saturday and did our Christmas shopping. It was fun and it was a time we could spend together having fun. Last year we finished up then went to Starbucks and tallied up the checkbook. We loved spending the day together. This year I am struggling to get any shopping done. Either I don't have the time or I don't feel like it.I just want it over with so I can mark one more "first" off my list. I know it sounds bad but its true.
I told a friend this week it makes you feel better to cry but after this week I am tired of crying.This week I have cried till I have headaches, cried at the dinner table while my kids looked at me funny, cried driving down the road, cared for 4 throwing up sick kids, drove 17 hours home from FL with 1 throwing up kid, cleaned 4 houses, went to 2 program practices,and a Sunday full of Christmas programs. This week is looking to be just as busy. Hopefully no sick kids though.
I wish I could just go hide away on a warm beach somewhere where I didn't know anyone and pretend life is a bed of roses. I would just sit there and wish Randy was with me so why bother.
As always I love my friends!!! They call me, text me, keep me awake when I have been driving for 17 hours,give me hugs, support me and cry with me. I love you guys so much!
It is easy to sound like gloom and doom is my life when I am feeling down but it isn't always like that. I did have a good time in FL with my sisters. To get away and do something different for Thanksgiving was nice. I will try and post some pictures soon. Well it off to bed for me. Tomorrow starts another busy week.

5 comments:

Jennifer Truitt said...

I am crying for you this morning as I read your post. I can't even imagine how hard this time of the year must be for you! I will be praying extra special for you in the following days.

Jenny said...

Heather, tears are welling in my eyes. I can't even imagine how difficult it must be for you right now. Christmas is supposed to be happy, joyful, full of family and friends. This year, you have a hole, one that can't be filled. As I was watching TV this morning, I saw Steven Curtis Chapman being interviewed on GMA. He was talking about how his family was doing after the death of his little girl. He said the first Christmas after their loss, he thought alot on the name Emmanuel, meaning God is with us. He is a personal God, He walks beside us and will be there to comfort and protect when we need Him most. He loves us, He knows what it is like to be human, He knows our frame, He remembers that we are dust. I know you know this already but sometimes it helps to hear if from someone different. :o) Sending Love and Hugs your way....you can call me anytime, if you want to talk or if you're lonesome.
Love,
Jenny

Tim and Kristina said...

Hi friend! Crying as I set here and read this. I know how much Tim and I think of Randy and still cry, but I can't imagine how muh worse it is for you and the kids. I wish I could take some of your hurt away, but I know that nothing I can do will be enough....
I'm aways here for you! Love ya!
Kris

Cheryl Watters said...

Heather, I just read your blog and thought of how fragile your emotions are during this time of year. Being a young widow is a very difficult thing and there are feelings and things that take place in your attempt to 'get it together' that you can never explain or share with anyone else. It hurts. It is real. I can only tell you that it is so important to grieve and let your kids grieve with you. Randy is in a much better place and he is awaiting the arrival of all of his family. I have to wonder if he has met my husband yet. My husband died when I was 42 and left me with three children. My husband has been there 8 years and the pain is still so REAL at Christmas time. I am so lonely and even though I am surrounded by my children, it is still very hard to not be able to go to bed at night and share the events of the day, go to the mall together, and just share the joys of the day with your spouse. I almost feel embarrassed to say that I still cry so much and miss my husband so much but I had a marriage made in Heaven and I know that God blessed me with that and I miss it!! I have to make a conscious effort to put one foot in front of the other, pull my self together and say, "I will see him again and it may not be too far away. I am going to press on." That is the only way I can get through these lonely times. I just buried my brother on Friday (49 years old) and that was so difficult and I know that my emotions are fragile right now due to the time of year and the fact that Christmas is this week. I just want you to know that you are not alone. You have a lot of friends who love and care for you. You are being upheld by people who you do not even know during this time. God will never leave you and will carry you during your lonely times. I am praying for you and if there is ever anything I can do to help you, I would feel honored to 'be there for you'.

Connie Lavy said...

Heather, you and the kids were on my mind last night. I think of Randy and I think of your family now. I want you to know that we love you and you're in our thoughts and prayers often. You have a nice family and I know that it is hard. Merrill & I both have experience loss of young family members and know the hurt. My heart truly hurts for you. Please know that we love you and care.
Connie & Merrill